Persistant "Run As" window opening on startup - (Win XP)

csqwared 20:08 15 Jan 2014
Answered

Over the last few days been getting a "Run As" window opening on startup. Text within window asks "Run this programme as current user?" with a tick box, the other tick box is to run as administrator. Found a couple of references to it, on on the MS site but all it suggests is doing a clean boot. Tried that, but when reverting to normal start up it re-appears. Anyone any ideas what the culprit might be and how to get rid.

Ta ever so

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:31 15 Jan 2014

Use the Tools - Startup option in CCleaner to see what programs are set to start on boot up

csqwared 21:02 15 Jan 2014

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\

Doesn't seem to be anything unexpected there. ctfmon.exe (MS Office), GarminExpressTrayApp (SatNav software) Comodo (antivirus/firewall), Easus (parttion manager), HP (printer) Realtex (sound).

??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:17 15 Jan 2014

I would disable all but Comodo and Realtex the others don't need to run at start.

csqwared 21:27 15 Jan 2014
Answer

Cheers, I'll give it a try.

csqwared 21:40 15 Jan 2014

Fruit Bat /\0/\

Removed those from startup and rebooted a couple of times and everything seems in order now. Just occorred to me it only started behaving like this after I installed the Garmin software, perhaps it's something to do with that. Anyroadup, it works now, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?