persistant 'paper jam' or 'paper not set correctly

jack 17:11 27 Nov 2007

Epson R 300 printer
persistent warning of paper jam or not set
When none is apparent would seem to suggest another type of fault.
Search in Fixyourownprinter and other places have so far failed to come up with anything
Any thoughts?

johnlecarre 17:21 27 Nov 2007

I work on large digital printers(photocopiers) and when I get a 'phamtom jam' i.e. cannot see any paper but operator panel says there is something there the usual problem is a dusty sensor, a sensor knocked out of position or the mechanical actuator of the sensor dislodged by over zealous removal of previously jammed paper. Did this problem start after clearing a paper jam? 'Paper not set' again indicates a sensor not being actuated.Don't know you printer but have a good look in paper path for any of the above.

Arnie 17:32 27 Nov 2007

Try this.

click here

Arnie 18:07 27 Nov 2007

Is anyone using an HP Photosmart D5160 printer and has noticed the following problem?

Printer lid open light is displayed with red (!) flashing.
This halts the printing procedure.

HP suggest lifting the printer lid approximately a couple of centimetres or so and then letting it drop down.
This should reset the open lid sensor detector.

jack 19:45 27 Nov 2007

Thanks for that link Arnie - a new one to me
However it lead to some poor guy with the same problem- but no answer.
The next question I was able to answer - so i guess someone got something out of it.

jack 19:50 27 Nov 2007

Johnlecarre'
The paper jam light warning came on printer screen,
service light came on. pressed the button.
Paper fed through loaded the next sheet and 'jammed again and again and again.
There appears to be no jam - the paper feeds OK.
Working on your assumption my self earlier I passed a piece of card through in the hope to clear any debris.
But no joy
I have taken the printer out of service pro tem as I do have a spare[ One from a mate that I fixed for him- He meanwhile went out and purchased another - just like that.
So I am not exactly printerless

Arnie 23:47 27 Nov 2007

I just got lucky with my search engine!

Virtually everything we would like to know about any IT problem is out there on the web. The trouble is, hitting on it.

Arnie.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?