Persistant download window

micklemouse 16:20 05 Feb 2004

I was on Windows messenger directing my friend to click here but instead typed 'blooger' and straight way a download file window came up on my screen which I couldn't close either with 'Cancel' ,, the cross in the top right hand corner or the Task Manager and my computer crashed. Now this is happening frequently when online. I have used Ad-aware, RegMechanic and gotten rid of all Temporary Internet files. I have tried CWShredder too. I don't know if this is a bug or what, but it's making my computer crash and It think the webpages are slower loading (I have broadband 512 ). Is anyone able to suss out what my problem is and how to cure it?

Regards micklemouse

feb 16:49 05 Feb 2004

Bump

LeadingMNMs 18:08 05 Feb 2004

Do you have a firewall. With a firewall you should be able to prevent the download from gaining access to the Internet and so stop it from loading.

Presumably a webpage was also opened, what was the content of this page. It may be worth letting it download and then removing whatever it is. Check start up items to see if it is able to run at startup (both startup folder and msconfig). Obviously if you do download it make sure that access to the Internet is removed so as to prevent it from communicating with anything else. Once downloaded use anti-virus and ad-ware to remove any undesireable files.

Taw® 19:05 05 Feb 2004

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?