pentium 2 processor

ABI2GAIL 14:58 01 Jan 2006

I have an old computer with a pentium 2 266mhz. As i understand it isnt fast enough to run broadband does anyone know how fast the processor needs to be to run broadband. Thanks.

Cybermaxx 15:01 01 Jan 2006

From the Tiscali site:-

Ensure that you have the minimum specifications to be able to run Broadband effectively. Tiscali recommend the following requirements - Pentium 200Mhz / 32MB RAM / Windows 98, 98SE, ME, 2000 Professional or XP / a USB port capable of providing 500 milliamps of power. If you are unsure of the specification of your computer please consult your PC documentation or contact the supplier.

ABI2GAIL 15:04 01 Jan 2006

Thanks, i have checked the spec but am just unsure what speed the processor would have to be to run broadband

Cybermaxx 15:06 01 Jan 2006

Then again, I would never try to run any games on minimum spec.! They would crawl along and look awful. I don't know about broadband.......

sharkfin 15:31 01 Jan 2006

Broadband should be no problem. As long as you can hook up the broadband modem then it should be fine for everyday internet surfing.

I've got a MMX 233Mhz PC hooked up to a home network and it works fine for browsing and office tasks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?