Pentax Optio 230-Shutter Operation

Sapins 16:23 05 Aug 2003

Does anyone have or know this model digital camera?

If so, should it take a photo when you press the shutter release button down in one go and release it immediately? I have to press the button and hold it for a second or two whilst various clicks are heard and then the flash fires (If required)The image is then shown on the display to show it has been recorded on the CF card. Asking someone to take a photo for me is a pain at the moment, having to explain press and hold etc:

Regards,

Sapins.

Bun 16:55 05 Aug 2003

Hi
No I do not have this model but have used several different digital cameras and this doesn't sound right. I would contact Pentax and ask most camera suppliers are usually very helpful. They do have a UK site click here so if no one can help make their day.

Sapins 20:20 05 Aug 2003

Bun, thanks for your help.

I have contacted Pentax UK. I outlined the problem but they want me to send the camera to them. Unfortunately the guarantee ran out 9 days ago and it's expensive to send parcels from here(France, 42c today it'll probably melt before I leave the post office,lol) I thought I might get some idea if there is a problem before I commit myself to some expenditure, but, I might have to bite the proverbial bullet.

I might be able to find a shop here that can have a look at it for me. Problem is I can't remember if the shutter was like this when I got the camera, a Vide Grenier Day i'm afraid, (this means empty loft!)

Thanks again Bun,
Regards,

Sapins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?