Peculiar problem wit a forum when using Firefox

newearwax 18:33 05 Jan 2006

I have encountered a very peculiar problem. For my internet browser I have used Firefox for some while now and have 1.5 installed, but last evening I found that on one forum I subscribe to a number of the clickable buttons such as view latest posts> where whited out, so virtually invisible, and that other functionalities like go to last viewed post> and add reply> were not there at all. Other forums are unaffected by this oddity and I have no problems if I use IE. I have done various viruses and spy ware scans but only the free McAfee on line scan showed an entry
C:\ run bat virus name:Bat/qd313> The only reference I can find to the supposed virus on Google is that it is a false positive. I have also viewed a Hijack This scan and nothing immediately excites me.

So has anyone ideas as to the cause of the peculiar behaviour and how I may get things back to normal

VoG II 18:39 05 Jan 2006

You could use IT Tab in Firefox click here and use it to view the page. You can even get Windows Updates Using Firefox with this extension.

octal 18:42 05 Jan 2006

Do you have a link to the site, I have found very few sites that won't work in Firefox.

Stuartli 18:45 05 Jan 2006

Here's one you might (it's currently a subject under discussion in another forum when using FF 1.5):

click here

octal 18:50 05 Jan 2006

Yep, you're right, it looks a bit duff click here the screen shot is using Firefox on Xandros Linux.
It looks OK in Opera.

ade.h 18:58 05 Jan 2006

I had what i think may be the same issue with the Ulead trial download account page click here= The boxes for date of birth and country aren't visible. I'm not sure if it's my browser or the site.

octal 19:00 05 Jan 2006

That site looks OK in FF and Opera with me.

ade.h 19:16 05 Jan 2006

Fine in Opera, but not in F'fox for me. The boxes that it missed were drop downs. I had javascript allowed, just in case that was the cause.

But that's the biggest advantage of having multiple browsers; an issue occurs with one, just swap to the other while still being able to avoid IE, which is my last resort!

newearwax 21:17 05 Jan 2006

Octal
Link to site is
click here

Stuarti, I clicked on your link and it took me to this
click here

Have you an alternative link?

octal 21:41 05 Jan 2006

That forum looks absolutely fine both in Firefox and Opera. The forum is built on Invision Power Board which a lot of forums are built on and they usually work fine with any browser.

Have you check to make sure JavaScript is enabled in preferences?

newearwax 21:51 05 Jan 2006

JavaScript is enabled

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?