pdf printing problems

ctm04 20:27 07 Apr 2007

I have an HP Laser Jet 1100A (printer, copier, scannner) and run XP Pro. It works fine for text documents, apart from printing PDFs, (text OK but problems arise mainly for graphics). For instance, I use Royal Mail online postage and get the label including stamp in PDF format. When I come to print it, the problem is that it never prints everything in one go, it takes more like 4x through the printer in order to get one complete label. I have updated the drivers but that doesn't seem to make much difference. Any ideas what else I could do to rectify this would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Design Print Studio 21:45 07 Apr 2007

If you use adobe reader update it to version 8 or simply use a different pdf reader

anskyber 21:47 07 Apr 2007

Like Foxit which is excellent. click here

woodchip 21:58 07 Apr 2007

Have you checked Printer Properties, Start\Settings\Priter right click on the printer Properties

UncleP 22:13 07 Apr 2007

Sounds like it could be treating the pdf file as a pre-separated version ie with each of the CYMK components printed separately, one after the other. Either the pdf file is in pre-separated form, in which case it will have four component pages for each real page, or the printer has been set up to expect a file of this form.

As Woodchip suggested, check the printer settings.

ctm04 22:37 07 Apr 2007

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I was already using adobe 8 and had checked out the printer properties. It never occurred to me to use another PDF reader but have now downloaded Foxit as anskyber suggested and that seems to have done the trick. Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?