pdf in landscape (horizontal) format?

Angel 16:53 01 Apr 2006

I have a number of Microsoft Works databases which I wish to convert to pdf files. This is difficult enough, but when I DO manage to do it, the pages aren't wide enough to take the data. Does anyone know if it is possible to save in the horizontal format?

VoG II 16:58 01 Apr 2006

Do you have Adobe Acrobat? If so, you can use Document|Rotate Pages after you've created the PDF file.

VoG II 16:59 01 Apr 2006

Sorry, I didn't read the question properly :o(

VoG II 17:03 01 Apr 2006

Have you tried File|Print, selecting Acrobat Distiller as the printer then clicking Properties and selecting Landscape on the Layout tab?

Angel 17:17 01 Apr 2006

Unfortunately, I don't have the Acrobat Distiller available.

€dstowe 17:37 01 Apr 2006

On Primo PDF and Jaws PDF there is the opportunity to change to landscape or rotated landscape by clicking on printer properties-> layout -> orientation.

I don't know if this is available on Acrobat as I gave up using it due to the expense.

VoG II 17:42 01 Apr 2006

What software are you using to convert tp PDF?

€dstowe 17:45 01 Apr 2006

For info Primo PDF is free click here so, even if you have another PDF writer, it might be worthwhile downloading Primo.

Angel 10:52 02 Apr 2006

Thank you both for your responses. I am using something called Docudesk to convert to pdf. I am wanting to transfer these databases onto CD for distribution. Changing the orientation of the printer would not help with the problem of the width of page required to accommodate the 5/6 columns of information.

VoG II 10:57 02 Apr 2006

According to click here it allows print to PDF. So have you tried File|Print and looking for Docudesk as an available printer? You should then be able to change the page orientation.

Angel 11:44 02 Apr 2006

Thank you 'VoG', I shall pursue this line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?