PDF Forms

ArrGee 14:27 18 Sep 2006

I have been asked by an elderly friend to look up, and help fill in, an NHS form, entitled Attendance Allowance. If you google "Attendance Allowance", it comes up (on the second result) as a PDF form.

Whilst there is an online version available, she has asked me to print this off, complete it (using something called a pen) and hand it to her for signing and posting.

Ideally, I would like to complete the pdf form on screen, then print it off, but the form is password protected. Any way that I can get around this?

ArrGee 14:32 18 Sep 2006

This is the PDF
click here

silverous 14:32 18 Sep 2006

Doesn't the first result in Google actually allow you to complete the necessary applications online anyway avoiding the need for a form?

When I look at the security properties in Actobat it says it can be edited, so presumably a PDF editing package would let you.

Another option is to print it, scan it, then overtype it in say Word or a Paint program. I've done that before :(

VoG II 14:41 18 Sep 2006

I've unprotected it using click here but I can't fill out any boxes. If you would like the unprotected version click my yellow envelope.

ArrGee 14:44 18 Sep 2006

Thanks silverous, but her being her wants a print-out. I've opened the PDF in Acrobat Pro, but it will not allow me to place in a text box.

ArrGee 14:45 18 Sep 2006

Soooper doooper! Clicking yellow envelope now.

silverous 14:45 18 Sep 2006

Have you got Acrobat Pro or such an editor Vog?

VoG II 14:46 18 Sep 2006

I've got Adobe Acrobat 5.05 but it won't edit in that or Adobe Reader. I haven't tried that hard though.

silverous 14:46 18 Sep 2006

If it doesn't work let me know, I'd be happy to scan it into a document you can overtype.

ArrGee 14:50 18 Sep 2006

Cheers for that VoG™, but as you correctly state, still cannot fill out any boxes.

Fellsider 14:51 18 Sep 2006

With most Government forms you have the choice of either printing off for completion and posting

or

Completing online, there should be an opportunity to print the form although this may need to be done after each page is complete.

Another alternative is to print and complete then scan the completed form before posting so that you have a copy for reference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?