Pdf Files opening.

thumbscrew 20:53 10 Jul 2008

I have both Adobe 7 and Foxit Reader installed. When I open a PDF File it opens only in Foxit. Can anyone tell me how to make Adobe my main reader?

rossgolf 21:32 10 Jul 2008

right click>open with>adobe> then chek the box that says use this program to open this kind of file

bluto1 21:32 10 Jul 2008

Can't you disable Foxit? I don't have the programme although I've heard it's good.

thumbscrew 21:45 10 Jul 2008

Thanks both...rossgolf...right click??? On what pal?

DieSse 22:14 10 Jul 2008

If you're on XP or later, you should by now have installed Adobe Reader 9.

uninstall all previous versions before you install the new version.

Version 9 is at last quite respectably quick.

DieSse 22:16 10 Jul 2008

"...right click??? On what..."

On a pdf file - the context menu will open - choose "Open With" - Select Choose Program - Select the Adobe Reader - tick the box "Always use......"

thumbscrew 22:38 10 Jul 2008

Thanks DieSse...it doesn't give me the option as you say..."Open With", just ")open". Then it opens in Foxit. I can't find any option to change to Adobe. Regarding the update to Adobe 9.0...this is a sore point. I don't want to keep 7.0 and I've been trying for a week to update to 9.0 with no success. I get an on screen "Network resource is unavailable, the older version cannot be uninstalled" Believe me, I've tried everything to uninstall...Add/Remove...Revo Uninstaller...system Restore, with absolutely no joy. Computers eh???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?