pdf files

james66 20:32 27 Jan 2008

When i try to download a pdf file online i get the message "there is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/reader please exit and try again.But when i click ok ,it starts the download then when finished it displays the message "Windows cannot access the device path or file you may may not have permission to access the item .
I have tried repairing Adobe , reinstalling but to no avail.I'm thinking now it's to do with something else. Could it be something like Zone alarm ? Can anybody point me in the right direction ,it's driving me mad .

acein1 20:39 27 Jan 2008

click here

this link above will take you to "foxit reader"
my advice would ne to get rid of the "bloted" adobe reader and install this smaller,faster,and better imho ,regards

Technotiger 21:02 27 Jan 2008

I agree with acein1 completely - Adobe Acrobat is a real pain-in-the-butt!

Salut 21:04 27 Jan 2008

I would agree with acein1. For some while I put up with Acrobat and at times felt like one! I only ever needed a pdf reader, ended up using Foxit reader and have found it perfect for my needs. Have since discovered that you can download Foxit pdf creator, again a much lighter program and great for my needs.

MaxUpload 21:17 27 Jan 2008

Try this :

Instead of clicking the "Download" button , right click and "Save Target As" ,then save the file to your chosen destination.

The file should then automatically associate itself with Adobe Reader and open when double clicked.

james66 10:09 28 Jan 2008

thanks for all your help.I found it was Zone alarm that was the cause.Had a look on zone alarm site and there is a easy fix ,you just reset your zone alarm.Why it went like that is a mystery.
I'll have a look at the other pdf reader a few have mentioned

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?