PDF to Editable Form

s99Raj 21:38 19 Oct 2003

Does anyone know how, using Acrobat 6, to convert pdf files into editable files?

I can certainly do it the other way round (e.g. a Word document into pdf format) but I can't seem to see any obvious way of converting a pdf file back. It must be simple, surely?

Thanks.

spruce 22:30 19 Oct 2003

I am aware that pdf grabber does this

click here

s99Raj 22:33 19 Oct 2003

Thanks for that - I'll try pdf grabber.

I know that Readiris Pro 8 also does similar conversions, but I'm just surprised that Acrobat 6 doesn't.

dave h 11:46 20 Oct 2003

Surely acrobat 6 is only supplied as a FREE Reader.

Adobe SELL the program that will allow editing of PDF files

JerryJay 12:14 20 Oct 2003

Another twp prodrams:

pdfconvert
click here

convertdoc
click here

s99Raj 18:50 20 Oct 2003

I'm not using the free reader - I have the full Version 6 with which I've figured out how to convert TO pdf but not FROM pdf, and I can't seem to see it in their help files.

Ben Avery 19:11 20 Oct 2003

the idea behind pdf is that you don't edit it when it's been converted.

ou can grab text, add text boxes (fields) etc etc, but if I save a word document to pdf format and upload it to the net, you could not re-convert it to a word document again.

That's the idea of them! :o)

You could however grab the text (use the text tool), copy any images from the document (image tool) and use word to re-paste and format it. That's about as close as you can get.

BA

s99Raj 20:14 20 Oct 2003

Ben

OK, thank you for that. Acrobat seems pretty expensive for converting only to pdf form and not back again. I often write notes for class (I'm a teacher) and distribute them in pdf form. Later I change my mind on some of the wording and wish to change it. Maybe I'll try looking at some other program as suggested above.

accord 20:29 20 Oct 2003

this may help in some way shape or form

click here=

s99Raj 20:34 20 Oct 2003

Thank you for that "accord".

accord 20:38 20 Oct 2003

s99Raj

i think you can download a free trial version of office pro on this link click here=

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?