PDF – Convert to different format

collinsc 09:13 06 Nov 2008

Hi

I have managed to scan something on a Kyocera printer and send it to my work e-mail – I now wish to edit the picture – simply by putting ‘markers’ on certain places and a little bit of text. I don’t think I can do this on PDF can i?

Am I therefore able to convert the PDF to a format which I can do this?

Also – I have been unable to rotate and save the rotated version. (I can rotate – but after saving and re-opening it just goes back to the initial version!)

Thanks kindly

MAJ 09:17 06 Nov 2008

Did you scan it to PDF or is it now a jpeg, collinsc?

Technotiger 09:52 06 Nov 2008

If you show the picture on screen, you could then take a screen-shot using click here which is Free for private use. Full editing and text addition, adding Arrows etc to 'point' at features of the picture.

collinsc 10:34 06 Nov 2008

i scanned it - and it aoutomatically went to PDF... im guessing that is the only option - though i dont know for sure...

Thanks - ill check out that link - though the picture will then be so small it will be unrecogniseable i think

collinsc 10:49 06 Nov 2008

due to restrictions we are unable to download from the internet. I have simply taken a screen shot (print scrn) - which works fine.
what app should i paste it into, so i can then edit it i.e. put arrows to particular places with comments. WORD - doesnt seem to work to well for this...

thanks

Taff™ 10:52 06 Nov 2008

PDF Xchange Viewer click here has replaced Adobe Reader for me and it`s free. You can annotate, highlight & underline text and even add text using the typewriter feature. You can also add post it type notes. All of which makes it ideal for collaborating with colleagues.

Rahere 10:52 06 Nov 2008

you need to paste into Paint or another image editing program, save the file and then insert into word or whatever program you are using.

collinsc 11:40 06 Nov 2008

Thanks everyone - ive messed around with word and found a way it works - cheers - resolved

Technotiger 12:49 06 Nov 2008

If you take a screen-shot with FastStone Capture you do not need to put it into any app to edit it - FastStone does it all!

collinsc 16:18 06 Nov 2008

thanks - but we can't download it at work! and i cat take the info home (data security)
sounds ideal though

Technotiger 16:46 06 Nov 2008

Fair 'nough :-)

Grreat to have on your Home PC though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

14 best picture books for children

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017