PCTools locking computor solid.

prince midas 12:52 14 Aug 2008

The latest version of PCTools Spyware Doctor 6.0.0.362 locks my pc solid after I update it.
Using a leaflet in PCTools helpdesk I added 2 files plus an update.exe to my Kaspersky antivirus as suggested but it still locks up after I press the finish button & worse still it keeps adding itself to my startup folder even when I remove it which again locks my machine up.

PCTools contact sercice is now into its 5th day waiting for a reply from them.

I am considering going back to an older version,which is not very good, for PCtools with a new version just on the market.
Comments please much appreciated.

Technotiger 13:13 14 Aug 2008

Why do you bother keeping a program that gives problems - ask yourself 'do you need that program?'

I cannot understand why so many people have all these extra Anti-everything programs, yet many still seem to be plagued with virus/malware etc.

In the last 8+ years I think I have had just two such problems, in the earlier years, but I can't remember when the last one was. I won't say 'I never have such problems' cos that would probably be fatal, but extremely rare at least!

I use Ad-Aware free, AVG Free, Glary Utilities free, and Sunbelt Pers Firewall plus my routers built-in Firewall. These, and following a routine of safe surfing, seems to do the trick for me.

Diskeeper, WinPatrol Plus and PC Wizard 2008 complete my 'Armoury'.

I hope you find my comments useful .......

Technotiger 13:16 14 Aug 2008

the all important Acronis True Image - 'cos you never know!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?