PCMCIA WLAN adapter not working

Tangy 15:53 30 Nov 2003

I have a Dell Lattitude CPx J650GT laptop & am using a D-Link Air DWL-610 Wireless Cardbus Adapter.

Last night the adaptor was working fine, but this morning when I switched on the computer it said it found a new device, which was actually the WLAN adapter & installed it. Then I found that the WLAN didn't work.

I proceeded to check the Device Manager & found a yellow exclamation mark next to the entry D-Link Air DWL-610 Wireless Cardbus Adapter #3. The strange thing was, I know that when it was working it used to be Adapter #2. I tried uninstalling it but it was reinstalled itself as Adapter #3 again. This I couldn't figure out so I decided to disable it. What happened next was that when I tried to use the card, the computer reinstalled the card as Adapter #4! Now, for both #3 & #4, the comment for the exclamation was that it couldn't find enough resources for it to work & had 'code 12' in brackets.

Is there any way I can get it back to working on Adapter #2?

Another thing. When I clicked on Device Manager to shown hidden devices, it showed me 'D-Link Air DWL-610 Wireless Cardbus Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport' four times. One for each adapter. I tried uninstalling these Miniports, but the system wouldn't let me.

How can I get my WLAN card to work again? Thanks for any help in advance.

Tangy 20:48 02 Dec 2003

Anyone got any ideas?

AndySD 21:37 02 Dec 2003

Remove the card from the slot then Add/Remove programs and remove the software. Redoot into safe Mode and remove the info from device manager. Reboot and reinstall the software then the card.

Tangy 12:03 05 Dec 2003

I tried removing the software, went into safe mode & tried removing the "...Adapter Packet Scheduler Miniport". However, I couldn't & the reason it gave was that "The device may be needed for booting up the computer". I can't see how this 'miniport' is needed for booting up. Any ideas?

Tangy 20:50 06 Dec 2003

Can anyone help me?

Tangy 17:43 27 Dec 2003

In the end all I could do was to reinstall Windows. It has solved the problem, but a big hassle due to the amount of software reinstallations.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?