PCMCIA TV Card

ruskle 19:55 27 Sep 2005

I have seen reference to a PCMCIA TV card and wondered what it consists of. I have 2 spare slots on my Toshiba Satellite Laptop, can I just buy one,(from where)and stick it in, install driver and will it have a TV antenna socket? Do I need software or will Windows Media Player be OK. I can see the TX antenna from my home and even get a rough signal on my TV just by touching the antenna input so I don't envisage any problems with an indoor antenna linkes to it.

Thanks, Russell.

stalion 19:57 27 Sep 2005
  ruskle 20:11 27 Sep 2005

Thanks Stallion, Sorry but there is no mention of the product I refer to, which is a PCMCIA card, only PCI internal, for desktop, or USB. I know uSB will work but was specifically interested in the PCMCIA card. Thank anyway.
Russell.

stalion 20:15 27 Sep 2005
  stalion 20:19 27 Sep 2005

ignore the previous post click here

Totally-braindead 20:20 27 Sep 2005

Could this be the sort of thing you want? click here I'm sure if you look about the various shops or contact AverMedia you will be ablr to get a supplier in the UK

Minkey1 20:20 27 Sep 2005

Any good ? click here

Minkey1 20:21 27 Sep 2005

Totally beat me to it !

ruskle 20:52 27 Sep 2005

Thanks to all of you who replied to my query. I have got the answer I needed and after a bit of Googling I find Maplin sell the very thing I am looking for. I have a Maplin discount so it works out at a reasonable price for a novelty toy. It's my office so I can do what I want Hi Hi.
Russell

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?