pcmcia cardbus

beestew 16:25 02 Nov 2006

i bought a usb 2.0 cardbus but cant get anything to work on it. The device status says it is working properly. Am i doing something wrong? HELP

ed-0 17:09 02 Nov 2006

What operating system do you have.

have you plugged anything into the sockets?

Is the PCMCIA slot enabled or have you insert the drivers for the slot?

beestew 17:46 02 Nov 2006

I'm on windows xp. The slot is enabled (I think)it searched for drivers and said that the new hardware was installed. I tried my camera, printer & mp3 player and none work in any of the ports (there are 4)

ed-0 17:50 02 Nov 2006

Are you running SP2 with your windows XP computer?

Right click my computer > properties > hardware > device manager. is there any yellow exclamation marks listed there. If there is, can you make a note of them.

Also, what is the make and model of the laptop.

beestew 17:56 02 Nov 2006

I am running SP2, there are no exclamation marks and my laptop is an hp pavilion ze4130

ed-0 18:05 02 Nov 2006

In device manager, as above. Scroll down to pcmcia devices. Is it there, if it is, what is listed.

beestew 18:29 02 Nov 2006

The device manager says pcmcia adapter and listed is o2 micro026912. There's also universal sereal bus controllers in which are listed the following;
ALI PCI tobusb open host controller
usb root hub
usb root hub
usb root hub
usb root hub
VIA Rev 5 or later usb universal host controller
VIA Rev 5 or later usb universal host controller
VIA usb enhanced Host controller

ed-0 18:50 02 Nov 2006

It's just the PCMCIA adapters we need.

Open control panel > add and remove programmes. You should see an entry for the PCMCIA card bus drivers. Un-install them.

Go back to device manager and the PCMCIA heading. Open it up and right click the 02 micro026912 heading. Pick uninstall.

restart the computer with the driver and recovery software dvd you received with your laptop. Reinstall the software for the PCMCIA card bus.

See if it sees it then.

beestew 13:21 04 Nov 2006

working now thanks very much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?