pcmcia card & cde 10 error

orsta 16:38 25 Jan 2006

I installed a friends network card adaptor into my pcmcia slot without any success.

I checked in Device Manager and found the corresponding entry had a Code 10 error as the reason why it would not work.

Does anyone have any idea why this is and have a fix. I would like to buy a pre-N card but am a little reluctant until this has been cleared up.

I am using Windows XP SP2.

many thanks.

De Marcus™ 17:05 25 Jan 2006

Try it in a different slot first and if that doesn't fix the code ten error you'll have manually assign the irq, which isn't as hard as it sounds.

De Marcus™ 17:05 25 Jan 2006

Try it in a different slot first and if that doesn't fix the code ten error you'll have TO manually assign A irq, which isn't as hard as it sounds.

De Marcus™ 17:06 25 Jan 2006

huh? soz.

De Marcus™ 17:12 25 Jan 2006

Or more specific fixes are available if the make and model is to hand?

orsta 17:21 25 Jan 2006

Hi De Marcus,

I have only one slot unfortunately. When i see him next, I'll try the irq fix.

From memory the card is a Linksys HP200 from Tescos. I have found no reference to this model on linksys web site though.

De Marcus™ 17:25 25 Jan 2006

click here for a few fixes for these code 10 errors

orsta 18:08 25 Jan 2006

Cheers.

g0wfv 13:53 28 Jan 2006

I've got one of these cards aswell, and have also come across the code 10 error, however it resolveditself by removing the card, and reinstaling it.

I now have a completely different problem since re-installing my laptop - I've lost the installation CD, and can't find the drivers anywhere!

Does anybody know where to get them from? I've tried Linksys's website and they don't have the HP200 on there.

Closest I can find is the WPC54G, but the drivers I downloaded don't work for the HP200 - maybe I got the wrong version of the download - there's about 7 different versions of the WPC54G!

Anyone offer any advice?

orsta 15:22 28 Jan 2006

All went well with my friends Linsys card. I have now bought a Netgear card for my own wireless network. This is also having problems. I will start a new thread if i can not get this work properly.

g0wfv 15:52 28 Jan 2006

I don't suppose ur friend still has the installation cd for the hp200 and is able to make an ISO image to upload to the net somewhere??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?