PCLinuxOS checksum

csqwared 21:51 17 Oct 2007

Hi

Been following the thread regarding PCLinuxOS and thought it would be interesting to have a look as I have read such good reports about Linux but thought you needed to be a bit of a "propeller head" to use it. I've downloaded the image, burned to CD, altered boot settings in BIOS but on boot up am greeted with "Invalid Boot Disk" message. I note on the download site it recommends using the checksum to check for a good download. I have noted the checksum but am now at a loss how to use it. Any help/advice appreciated.

Thanks

Carl.

csqwared 21:56 17 Oct 2007

just seen the post in "Absolute beginners". Problem solved. (Did do a search first - honest)

cc

LastChip 23:44 17 Oct 2007

No doubt by now, you have checked the checksum of the download and determined whether it is OK or not.

Even though you may have a good download, it is not uncommon to get a bad "burn" onto disc.

Generally, when I burn a distro onto CD/DVD, I slow down the burn speed and that normally works.

If you persevere, and get a disc that will at least take you to the menu, you will find an option to "Media Check". It's always worth doing this, as it only takes a few minutes and the disc will self check for errors and/or unreadable sectors.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?