PCLEPCI error in system log.

Tenacious Green 20:54 08 Oct 2005

Please could some advise of a solution to stopping this error log. It does not appear to be casuing any problems to everyday running but I would like to stop it none the less.

In te System Event log I get the following message :

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
PCLEPCI.

Google search reveals it is related to the program Pinnacle Studio which funnily enough I dispensed of two days ago when the logs started. I have established that it is a "Pinnacle Systems PCI Performance Enhancer. This tool helps to increase the PCI Busmaster performance of all Pinnacle PCI boards".

What I can't figure out is do I still need this file/program and if not how do I prevent my PC for asking for it?

Pinnacle - The source of so many issues on my PC!

Totally-braindead 20:58 08 Oct 2005

I presume its a leftover and that you've deleted it. You could run something like Ccleaner click here one of the things it can do is delete any invalid files in the Registry and that may solve it.

Tenacious Green 21:01 08 Oct 2005

Sorry, forgot to mention that I ran CCleaner when I disposed of Studio 9. The error appears at every boot up. I've searched Windows explorer and Registry but cannot find an associted file although there is still Pinnacle files in the registry although I no longer have any Pinnacle products on my PC, but am a little wary of removing these.

Tenacious Green 22:46 08 Oct 2005

OK, I think I have identifed the source of the error, a Pinnacle Marvin Bus driver which I found in device manager.

However, I cannot establish whether I actually need this driver or whether it can be removed? and what is does?

Tenacious Green 18:32 09 Oct 2005

Right, I think I was wrong about the Marvin Bus driver which is a driver for certain Pinnacle products of which Studio 9 is included. After much research I uninstalled the driver but the original error message remains so back to square one.

It suggests its possible a boot-start driver. Where do I find the list of boot startup drivers? Is that in Device manager too? or could it be a list in the bios?

Any answers appreciated.

Tenacious Green 13:28 16 Oct 2005

A re-install and update to latest version has done the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone