pci.sys corrupted file - and blue screen of death!

Newuser2469 20:43 23 Dec 2004

Hi,

Could someone tell me what to do, when you are trying to reload win xp home on your pc and the error message comes up with "file pci.sys is corrupted"? The message comes up before I can get to the repair console, hence the reason I need to reload in the first place. If you have any ideas it would be great.

Many thanks

VoG II 20:47 23 Dec 2004
  Newuser2469 21:14 23 Dec 2004

Thanks for the link VoG - I looked at the info you forwarded - however the message on my PC is not the same as that in the info. Do you think it will make a difference?

The message comes up when I am trying to open the repair console, not when I start the initial boot sequence. I will check my PCIs anyway just to be on the safe side. Please let me know if you have anymore ideas.

VoG II 21:16 23 Dec 2004

Is "file pci.sys is corrupted" the full error message? The more of it you can provide the better.

Newuser2469 21:23 23 Dec 2004

Yes that is the full error message - then it says something like "press any key to restart the pc" and that's about it!!!

Does that help?

VoG II 22:12 23 Dec 2004

Is click here any help?

Newuser2469 22:23 23 Dec 2004

Thanks for your help - I will have a go in the morning - whilst trying to avoid mad last minute Christmas shoppers with big turkeys and pressies!!! Will let you know it if works.

TA!!

Newuser2469 22:26 23 Dec 2004

PS - if in the end I am going to have to wipe the HDD and start again - is there a way I can back up my documents - seeing as I can't obivously open windows? Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?