PCI or AGP graphics card

hijo 18:56 16 Dec 2006

hi how do i tell what graphics card i got...? what it is i have someone whos in need of a g/card & i know someone who has one there giving away but how do i inform the other person to check what g/card he's after as in "PCI or AGP"...? as he's got about 2 days experiance on pc's 7 i need to ask him but i can only contact him by phone...? thankx
H

Totally-braindead 19:21 16 Dec 2006

If its a prebuilt computer he has such as a Packard Bell, Dell or Emachine etc it will tell you on the back the make and model number. Then you can go to the manufacturers website and look it up.
Alternatively you can look at the motherboard manual if there is one.
Or you can try either SIW or Belarc both are free programs and will tell you all about the PC. If using one of them you need the name and model of the motherboard. IE ASUS A8N-SLI or Gigabyte GA7VAXP or whatever it is. Then goto the motherboard manufacturers website and look it up.

SIW click here Belarc click here

One thing to mention do not confuse the new PCI Express slots with the older PCI slots as they are completely different. If the computer is over say 2 years old it may have AGP but will not have PCI Express.

skidzy 19:21 16 Dec 2006

Run these:

click here
click here

These should tell you exactly what you have installed if indeed a graphics card is fitted.

skidzy 19:22 16 Dec 2006

Snap TB :-)))

hijo 02:01 17 Dec 2006

your all hero's many MANY thankx for the post's..:-)
ive got it sorted now from your info..
H

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?