PCI graphic cards

  Bigbaz1979 16:11 11 Oct 2006

I asked for help yesterday and thanks to all who reponded. I went to computer shop today to buy new upgraded graphics card and found more trouble.

The graphics card I presently have is a nvidia geforce 6200 turbocache.

According to my computer it is in PCI slot 1. Forgive me for lacking knowledge.

The guy from computer shop thinks it is near on impossible to source a good graphics card for PCI slot.

The computer is a HP pavillion t3000 and is about 1 year old. The processor is an AMD64 3700+.

What are my options?

  James. 16:52 11 Oct 2006

click here your PC has an AGP slot, You would be better advised to purchase an AGP graphics card.

  spud22 17:07 11 Oct 2006

its not a pci express slot look here for specs click here
if it is any modern card will work. Just for interest what card were you thinking of.

  spud22 17:07 11 Oct 2006

sorry it is a pci express slot

  spud22 17:07 11 Oct 2006

sorry it is a pci express slot

  ed-0 17:29 11 Oct 2006

You should have a new pci-e slot on the motherboard and not the old standard pci.

have a look under specifications here. click here

either open the case or run SIW click here To tell us exactley what your motherboard is.

  spud22 17:32 11 Oct 2006

James 's link is to the german site for the semperon version

  Bigbaz1979 20:10 11 Oct 2006

The guy from a computer shop gave me that bum steer information. I ended up taking the PC to another shop and i'm sorted out now. I bought a 7600gt under the advice of the salesman(not the smartest thing normally) ubt I will give it a go and see what difference it makes

  Totally-braindead 00:19 12 Oct 2006

You will be amazed, the 7600GT is miles better than the one you had, theres really no comparison.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?