PCI express soundcard?

pittza 16:52 23 Jan 2010

Hi I have an Acer aspire x3810 PC and I want to put in a better soundcard ie soundblaster to use for creating my own music recordings,problem is I only have PCI express slots ( 1-16 slot and 1-1slot) but most cards seem to be the older PSI connection type, any suggestions please?

JohnWilliams 16:58 23 Jan 2010

X-Fi Extreme Audio pci-e £49.51
click here

retep888 17:06 23 Jan 2010

click here

click here

click here

Only things you have to make sure is that there is enough clearence or space for the sound card depending on the position of the pci-e slot.

pittza 17:11 23 Jan 2010

Apparently there is a problem with recording with this card ., read on- X-Fi Xtreme Audio (PCI Express version)

On top of the Xtreme Audio's rear sound problem in games, the PCI Express version of the X-Fi Xtreme Audio suffers from the inability to record from a Microphone while simultaneously recording "What U Hear", which is possible in all other cards. The reason for this is unknown, but the issue is that the Windows audio Playback Control panel doesn't allow you to view the Mic channel when looking at your Playback Control sliders (activated by double-clicking the Windows Volume Control button). In the Windows audio Playback Control panel, the Mic can only be viewed in Recording Control, and there is no Mute/Unmute checkbox associated with it. The Creative Mixer shares the problem in a different way: you can unmute the Mic, but it becomes muted again once you switch to "What U Hear" as your recording source. Thus, on the PCI Express version of the Xtreme Audio (only) it is impossible to record your Mic and "What U Hear" at the same time, because you cannot get the Mic to output to the speakers while "What U Hear" is enabled.

JohnWilliams 17:16 23 Jan 2010

If I was choosing a pci-e soundcard I'd go for the Asus Xonar D2X click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?