PCI Express or AGP

dazza39 15:40 26 Mar 2006

Can anyone solve an argument for me which is better?PCI Express or AGP.Thanks

Mr Mistoffelees 15:50 26 Mar 2006

PCI Express is the way forward. It has much more bandwidth with the full bandwidth available in both directions simultaneously.

SG Atlantis® 15:52 26 Mar 2006

AGP is on it's way out.

ACOLYTE 16:07 26 Mar 2006

I have a different view of the way foward)))

Interactive Holographic technology,is the new way foward,by 2260 all humans will have a holographic interface,where you actually walk the net rather than browse it.
We will all have data processes implanted in out heads so we can go online where ever we are without the confines of the bulky pc,just imagine walking the pages of the PCA forum with interactive guides and helpers,you could actually see a virus up close and personnell,and actually see it get destroyed,by the "interactive guards".
No more click to open pages,simply use the verbal interface and ask for what you need. Everything is done in a nanosecond of thought.

Dont beleive me?

Wait and see.......

Strengh Through Unity...Unity Through Strengh

LOL

ACOLYTE 16:10 26 Mar 2006

P.S

should have said the only drawback to all this is
that PCWORLD have a global conglomerate and they have to do all the implants lol.

RobCharles1981 16:42 26 Mar 2006

I'm going too upgrade too PCI Express soon when I get some money together and also buy a new case might consider getting a few sata hard drives as well is sata better than ide??

Totally-braindead 16:47 26 Mar 2006

Yes SATA is better than IDE its faster and the cables are smaller helping increase the airflow for cooling. PCI Express is better than AGP faster and you'll notice most manufacturers are designing new graphics cards as PCIE only.

howard63 17:17 26 Mar 2006

your question is almost academic. The mobo you buy will either be for AGP [as most say rapidly going out of use] or PCI-E [the current new standard] or whatever the next thing is going to be. I would not advise anyone at this time to go for an agp setup as they are becoming difficult to obtain and if the card should die in 6 months or so you may have to start again.

RobCharles1981 18:35 26 Mar 2006

so what is PCI-E is that PCI Express?

Mr Mistoffelees 20:10 26 Mar 2006

Yes.

dazza39 11:18 30 Mar 2006

Cheers guys ,thats what i thought PCI-Express is the way forward,had an argument with a relative who things he knows it all and was saying its rubbish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?