PCi-Express Card states it is built for Vista

Giggle n' Bits 23:51 17 Sep 2006

if I buy a Pci Express Graphics card that states its built for Windows Vista would it work with XP Home ?

sean-278262 23:54 17 Sep 2006

Yes, it is designed however to be able to run vista. All it is saying is you buy it you can run vista. It should work with XP or any other OS you throw at it.

Stuartli 23:55 17 Sep 2006

I would assume that its sales figures would be very low if the manufacturer relied only on Vista OS users...:-)

I can't see any reason why it won't work with XP using the correct graphics card drivers - the manufacturer probably means that suitable drivers will be made available for Vista.

Giggle n' Bits 23:59 17 Sep 2006

trying to find a PCi Express Grpahics card less than £80 fan free to support my new Viewsonic VX2025WM 20" TFT Any pointers welcome and preferably UK sites.

Giggle n' Bits 00:00 18 Sep 2006

been looking at CCL they have Leadtek with a silent pipe card but the leadtek site doesn't list the GS card oh, and must be Nvidia

sean-278262 00:09 18 Sep 2006

click here

Huge range good prices and service with about 350quid spent so far there.

click here
is just one of many interesting options available.

Forum Editor 00:17 18 Sep 2006

from now on, as manufacturers get their Vista certifications from Microsoft. The more the merrier, it means that by launch date Vista will have an enormous driver database, and there should be fewer driver issues, come installation time.

Giggle n' Bits 00:32 18 Sep 2006

And also FE. More options welcome, I notice the charts in this month PCA Mag have a Asus & a MSI but finding them available is hard.

sean-278262 00:37 18 Sep 2006

You are more than welcome. Dont forget the PCA charts would be about a month out of date and remember that they dont get to test every card out there.

Giggle n' Bits 00:41 18 Sep 2006

Especially when looking for a budget card I know there are some £22 Pci-Express cards out there ad up market from this figure super budget like but they do the job and never get a mention in mags. Not everyone wants Games and perfection.

But on this occasion for myself don't want overkill just a reasonable picture for my new screen.

sean-278262 00:48 18 Sep 2006

click here

that site usually has a good comparison of cards that are worth looking over. Basically find cards you like the sound of and google the name plus the word review and see what people say about them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?