PCI Ethernet Controller ?

bloodnock 15:23 16 Feb 2003

HI all, Im trying to install an ambient modem which was working until I reformatted my hard drive....now although ive downloaded a driver off the Net for the ambient modem and tried to install it, i cant get it working......a message pop box says it needs a driver for A "PCI Ethernet Controller" ..what on earths that and where would i find a driver. I never recieved a Cd for the Modem as it was shop fitted....no company to return to now, its shut........please help..thanks.....im on windows 98 SE.....

Lú-tzé 16:01 16 Feb 2003

A PCI Ethernet Controller is a network card. Do you have one installed? If so, and you don't use it, turn off the pc and remove it. If you need it, you will need to identify it and get some drivers.

Then go into the device manager (right click my computer, chooses properties, then device manager tab) and go to modem. Choose properties again and update drivers. Point to the downloaded (and extracted if necessary) drivers for the modem.

woodchip 16:24 16 Feb 2003

In short open the box, the card with the phone lead attached is the card that you need to look at for some identification, so we can try to locate a driver

Sparks 18:01 16 Feb 2003

When you do identify it you could try click here or click here for a good selection of drivers if your stuck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?