PCADVISOR - Software codes invalid on disk

rone57 11:55 02 Dec 2008

On Sunday Nov 30, I purchased Issue 161 December 2008 edition of PC ADVISOR in NYC @ US$20 after tax. For that kind of money I expect the DVD software to at least work and the registration codes to be honoured especially since today is only Dec 1st.

The cover disc states that it a full free version of PCTOOLS 2009 Internet Security is on disc and that the program needs to be registered with PC Tools and to use promo code of X****9.

Your help form states:
“PC Tools Internet Security 2009
PC Advisor readers can exclusively benefit from this fantastic cover mount promotion - this application won't be available free on any other UK magazine for at least one year. To register for the unlock key, follow the link from the cover disc interface – or you can click here click here. Be sure to use the correct five character code that is included within the cover disc section of the magazine and on the cover disc interface.”

When registering on-line PC Tools states that the promotion code (provided by PC Advisor) is invalid.

You will also note that the promotion code provided by PC Advisor is 6 character code not 5 characters as stated in your forum.

Perhaps someone from your magazine could help.

Thanking you in advance

RickyC :-) 14:10 02 Dec 2008

Thanks for posting. I've replied to the email you sent earlier today.

The code you were using was valid for the December issue of the magazine - but only remained active for a limited period. A new code is included in each issue of the magazine, so that we can monitor how many readers are installing the software from each edition.

I've emailed the current, valid code to you directly. Do let me know if you encounter any difficulties when using the new code.

Apologies for the error on the Cover Disc FAQ page - it should state six-character code. I've amended this now.

kind regards

Richard
Software Editor

Chris B. 14:46 12 Dec 2008

I would like the PCTools security 6 digit registration code too as I bought the Dec 2008 161 PC Advisor magazine and couldn't register with the page 136 code X****9.
Thanks, in advance.
Chris

Flexphipps 20:56 13 Dec 2008

Hi,

Have just dug out my November 2008 cover disk to install my free copy of PCTools security suite, in replacement of my current set-up, and have had the same problem with the promotional code being out of date.

Is there any way I can have a valid code? I can see no mention of one anywhere here, any help would be appreciated!

Sincerely,

Alex.

PoppABear 21:02 13 Dec 2008

Richard emailed earlier
LE8ATR

Flexphipps 21:09 13 Dec 2008

Cheers PoppABear!

rdave13 21:43 13 Dec 2008

Revealing the code when only a new code is 'A new code is included in each issue of the magazine' isn't very helpful in the selling of the magazine.
For that matter it's not very helpful to PC Tools either. Possibly why an email was sent.
Ho-hum....

PoppABear 21:48 13 Dec 2008

just trying to be helpful,if emailed would of got the same result.
Ho-hum....

rdave13 22:21 13 Dec 2008

Eh?

PoppABear 22:32 13 Dec 2008

PoppABear

Eh?

guessing by the reply that it doesnt compute.The guy could of emailed Richard and got the key.I was trying to be helpful considering the key related to an older issue.

rdave13 22:38 13 Dec 2008

Ah. I get it now. Daft of the Software Ed. to email it when he could have only published it to the whole world by posting here. That would certainly save them time and money by publishing further copies of PC Advisor if any more updated codes are needed.
Current codes published here then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?