PCAdvisor issue archive disks

herrline 17:12 18 Jun 2006

yo guys and gals, i have an early issue of PCAdvisor archive for PCAdvisor issues 2000 to 2002 and when i try to open it instead of the disk applying a front end to read the contents via pdf format it opens my adobe elements 4 photo program instead of a pdf reader 7 or 6 that are also installed, any ideas all help greatfully recieved, Graham.

herrline 17:14 18 Jun 2006

i would also like the next issue archive disk for 2003 to 2005 if PCAdvisor can help please? Graham.

ACOLYTE 17:16 18 Jun 2006

Have you tried opening Adobe 7 before you put the cd in and navigate to the file from within adobe 7.The only other thing i can recommend is uninstall all but Adobe 7 you shouldnt need 6 and 7 installed at the same time anyway 7 should be able to do all 6 can.

herrline 22:29 18 Jun 2006

yes i have taken adobe reader 6 off but its a pain that adobe elements 4 opens the dam file first, i can open as you say with adobe reader 7 first but (that sounds like the answer) the files are in codes on not written like sd205 instead of something like "how to edit in excel" for instance, so i know what i am going to open, as you can imagine theres thousands of files and thats too many to open to find one item, thats why i require it to open with adobe reader first, if i have to delete or uninstall adobe elements four every time i would wear out the disk.....lol Graham.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)