PCA website problems

Totally-braindead 17:38 21 May 2007

I'm getting a lot of internal errors, its done it to me perhaps a dozen times in the last half hour.

Is there still any problems with the website, just want to make sure its not my PC as I have installed a couple of programs the last couple of days and wonder if it might be one of them causing it.

Technotiger 17:40 21 May 2007

Hi, I am getting the same, maybe not so often, but enough to be annoying. I'm afraid I have not noticed any great improvement since the change-over - apart from at very quiet times of day/night.

pj123 17:54 21 May 2007

Same here. Get the PCA Welcome page OK. But when trying a Forum I just get a blank page and "Done" on the status bar.

I close down IE and leave it for about 10 minutes or so and then try again. Mostly it is OK. (like now for instance).

p;3 17:55 21 May 2007

do you allow the ads to run on your computer or do you utilise the Hosts file? I run ads free on this comp ; so far all is ok; although maybe my famous last words as I have only just logged back in

my problems solved with no adds too and blocking the second cookie.

Totally-braindead 18:04 21 May 2007

I do run it with the ads on, maybe blocking the ads is the way to go. At least I know now its nothing to do with the programs I installed. Thanks.

p;3 18:08 21 May 2007

have you got Hosts installed on there .if not

click here

BUT important to select your version of windows for how/where/pathway to apply it ; then reboot and see the difference?

if you do not like it you can uninstall it too::))

Totally-braindead 18:11 21 May 2007

Thanks for that, might give it a try later, I presume it appears in Add/remove programs for removal?

Abi-Moore 20:22 21 May 2007

do you save the Pca cookies when having a clean out?

I dont understand cookie make up,but in firefox the pca cookies have 4 parts, what effect does that have?
maybe someone could shed some light on it.
ive cleaned out pca cookies ,then blocked one at a time ,then both,the site in my case runs alot more smoothly when they are blocked
is this coincidence?
or is there such a thing as a poorly designed cookie

or is the cookie having to do too much hence slowing site down

Totally-braindead 20:43 21 May 2007

I'll tick this as resolved as I've just realised theres another thread going about it as well.

woodchip 20:50 21 May 2007

OK at my end near Sheffield, Using Netscape 7.2 on a 1mb BB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone