Is the PCA Website having problems?.

spuds 11:43 28 Mar 2012
Answered

Not sure if other members are having similar problems with the PCA website of late?.

I seem to have delays or freezing that appear to be due to linking diversions, with messages like 'Waiting for Adsfac.Eu' ' Waiting for CDN.Indcinmedia.com' etc or a webpage stating 'PC Advisor- loading- Please Wait', then after loading being transferred to a webpage 'Business IT Hub'.

Thought that I would mention this, in case this is an indication of possible pending faults, and the website management team might need to check this out?.

rawprawn 11:56 28 Mar 2012

No problem here on my Mac

northumbria61 11:59 28 Mar 2012

No problem here spuds - Win7 Pro (64bit) Firefox

rdave13 12:01 28 Mar 2012

No problem here, either. Win 7, IE9.

spuds 12:02 28 Mar 2012
Answer

rawprawn.

Thanks for that. Was just wondering if this was a pending problem in the making or not, especially before the holiday break?.

I will tick this as resolved.

spuds 12:06 28 Mar 2012

northumbria61/ rdave13

Many thanks for responses.

I am using XP and Google Chrome.

birdface 12:19 28 Mar 2012

It has been there for at least a month and slows down waiting for some of those that you mentioned to clear ,Certain times of the day or night it can be fairly poor.

I use Firefox and notice it a lot.

This is a post from a month ago and you notice that I have not ticked it as resolved for as far as I am concerned it isn't.

http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/4121664/pca-and-the-new-firefox-update/

takes ages some times and sometimes I will try I/E and it is not any better.

When it happens more frequently you know that they have added another advert and have not got the settings quite right and it is getting ready for a breakdown.not quite reached that point but getting there.

Just in case it is an ISP problem I use Virginmedia.

mooly 12:35 28 Mar 2012

I see the "PC Advisor- loading- Please Wait" on several occasions. From memory it's just a plain screen with a centre text and small green ? squares that give the impression of loading something.

If ever I can't log on to PCA I just know now from past experience that it's a problem with PCA and I just leave it for another day... or week :)

mooly 12:39 28 Mar 2012

In fact it just did it now when I clicked "helproom" after posting the above (and the left square is orange, and the other white ? :)) and it then took me to one of those annoying screen splitting adds.

preston 15:40 28 Mar 2012

I have been having the same problem for awhile myself. The pages just won't load.

spuds 16:26 28 Mar 2012

I have just noticed another new thing about 5/10 minutes ago. A few months ago I reported a 'nuisance advert' that was causing a concern on the website and the PCA team had this removed, because it should not have been there.

The new advert or should I say survey, seems to provide a tick box against a number of names. I wasn't quick enough to catch what the survey was about, but perhaps I should keep an eye on this, for future?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?