PCA wants to install an add-on for Office 2007

six-h 16:53 23 Aug 2008

Finding it strange that FE has not yet posted an explanation for this in his usual swift manner!
Don't know about others, but I'm still getting it.
Previous thread on this subject is marked as "resolved", so someone it appears, has had an answer.
Care to share it with us...;-)

Sea Urchin 16:59 23 Aug 2008

Here is the previous thread

click here

I don't thing there has been an answer yet - probably marked as resolved in error?

Terry Brown 17:03 23 Aug 2008

I am suprised that you query it, Microsoft issues updates all the time for it's software (usually security issues).
If you think it is safe, then download, else ignore it.
Terry

Quiet Life 17:05 23 Aug 2008

It was marked as resolved as at that time only myself and another member had received the add on message and it seemed an isolated incident. This is no longer the case and the lack of explanation from FE as stated is "strange". I e-mailed him twice without reply.
The matter is not rsolved

Sea Urchin 17:05 23 Aug 2008

Not as pop-ups on the PCA website - but through automatic update

Sea Urchin 17:06 23 Aug 2008

My previous remark was directed to Terry Brown

Technotiger 17:07 23 Aug 2008

Microsoft issues updates all the time for it's software ..........

Yes, but PCA doesn't!

six-h 17:09 23 Aug 2008

that this is the post that I have also contributed to, and I am watching for some response.
Suspect FE is jetlagged or something, 'cos High days and holidays seem to pass him un-noticed. lol

Terry Brown; agreed, but Microsoft rarely, if ever ask for the assistance of PCA to distribute their updates..;-)

six-h 17:13 23 Aug 2008

and that you had decided not to tell!

If the non-apearence of FE is not down to jetlag, it's probably that he is unable to contact the part-timers 'till Tuesday. lol.

Quiet Life 17:15 23 Aug 2008

six-h I do not think FE is jetlagged as he has been posting on other threads at great length.

Sea Urchin 17:18 23 Aug 2008

The link works OK for me. Yes you are correct - it is the thread you contributed to

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?