PCA Software

woodchip 22:41 11 Oct 2007

This is one I have to thank PCA for, I do not often load Disc Software. But decided to try Quick Heal Anti-Virus Spyware detection of the PCA cover disc, as Norton 90 day one was loaded on the laptop when I got it, I removed Norton first. Quick Heal as a full twelve months virus updates and I loaded it on a new HP XP Laptop. It does all it says and more. thanks PCA

After loading on this PC I got a Quick heal Window pop up with Dll deleted, Then I Gave it a Scan it picked up a Trojan and removed it and repaired three files. Reason for the above it the Laptop had been setup and used for demo, plus they had download 4 Itunes these I delete. But that is the only place the Trojan could have come from. I have not had anything further. well done PCA and Quick Heal

Ashrich 22:55 11 Oct 2007

That sounds quite impressive , doesn't it Woodchip , just shows how quickly these things can get on to a PC , and how regualr scanning keeps things running healthily !

Ashley

Ashrich 22:56 11 Oct 2007

that should say " regular "

Ashley

woodchip 23:03 11 Oct 2007

Yep first class Program, I may pay for this next year. And That's not me, as I tend to look for free stuff

QuickHealUK 09:56 12 Oct 2007

Woodchip,

Thanks for the positive feedback, i`m glad you like the product. For next year take a look at the Total Security version, lots to offer including firewall and antispam.

Many thanks once again!

James

woodchip 16:14 12 Oct 2007

^
^
^

woodchip 11:17 17 Oct 2007

W32 Blaster Worm are the three files that Quick Heal found and Repaired

woodchip 11:20 17 Oct 2007

I do believe these have come from Google toolbar installation

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?