PCA Slow today again

birdface 13:04 13 May 2012
Answered

PCA crawling here at the moment .Was not very good yesterday either.

Waiting for CDN 4-3-2-1- Etc.

Woolwell 13:24 13 May 2012

Ok for me

KRONOS the First 13:27 13 May 2012

And me,the only place i have trouble with this site is on the ipad but thats because of all the ads.

lucky1 15:30 13 May 2012

Very slow for me on tablet, laptop, and desktop. Might be the stormy weather we're getting just now!

birdface 16:26 13 May 2012

Not PCA is so slow for me today and not others,it takes about 30 seconds to get rid of the Waiting for signs at the bottom right.Using I/E or Firefox it is the same.

Hmm Just downloaded a new Anti-Virus program this morning wonder if it could be that.Using Trend Micro now instead of eset.

spuds 16:36 13 May 2012

Butemam, I don't think its your new anti-virus, more like 'Waiting for cdns with pcadvisor.co.uk. Seems to have spurts then slows. Probably the traffic due to the weekend?.

birdface 16:42 13 May 2012

Particularly slow here with PCA sometimes not opening properly.So not sure what the problem is.

I thought that it was because I had an external hard drive connected but removed that and just the same.Could be a Virginmedia problem I suppose.

birdface 11:20 14 May 2012

Still the same with me.Sometimes works not to bad other times it is a waste of time.

Anyone else having problems with Waiting for on the bottom left using Firefox.

Just as bad using I/E but got a feeling it may be my computer but not got a clue as to what.

I had a waiting for Google yesterday so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I can only assume the lack of complaints means that the problem is with me only.

Might try a new host file and see if that helps.

birdface 11:24 14 May 2012

Well seems to have picked up a bit.But still slow when I hit the refresh button.

birdface 16:07 14 May 2012

A Bit better.Windows Firewall was set to Public network so shifted it to home network.Still slow when pressing refresh though.

rdave13 16:18 14 May 2012

It's quite fast for me using IE9. OK yesterday too.I use spywareblaster, IE's own tracking protection in add-ons and it's own pop-up blocker. Don't bother with hosts files any more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?