PCA site trying to download a file

anskyber 10:07 03 Nov 2007

In the last couple of days my browser (IE7) has warned that this site is trying to download a file to my PC. It may be associated with a particular advert (Fujitsu) but I have not even moused over the advert.

Any thoughts? Firefox is not for me so there is no need to offer that advice, but thanks anyway!

Totally-braindead 10:15 03 Nov 2007

I've got IE7 and its not doing it to me anskyber, perhaps the file is something like Java which I already have and you don't? Or something similar.

[email protected] 10:24 03 Nov 2007

I get a message along the lines that this site is tryng to download windows media player add on, on the (Fujitsu) ad page

Sparkly 10:28 03 Nov 2007

Your not alone i have been getting this for the last two days
click here
Starting to drive me mad!!!!!!!!!!

nobbie 10:31 03 Nov 2007

just posted a subject, and got the pop up that was trying to download a program... didn't even look at it , but cancelled the download..
just thought i'd mention it ..

sunny staines 10:33 03 Nov 2007

i use IE7pro with IE7 not getting the problem.

[email protected] 10:43 03 Nov 2007

Hi sunny,
Ive also ie7pro,its only when the fujitsu ad is on the page,it trys to install add on,i may have to add something? or its just an attempt to get round ie7pro !

Totally-braindead 10:46 03 Nov 2007

I've got IE7Pro as well and its not been doing it with me at all. I can only assume that whatever the download is I already have it.
I have to say though that I have not seen this Fujitsu advert at all. Perhaps I've somehow blocked it?

nobbie 10:59 03 Nov 2007

just popped up again and it was a jscript script file named CREATIVE BEACON

anskyber 11:30 03 Nov 2007

Yes, having looked around it does seem to be associated with the Fujitsu ad.

I'm not concerned (I think!) about any dangers here it's more as Sparkly has said, it's an irritation.

alB 11:44 03 Nov 2007

Using Avant browser and just had the download box for the first time (screenshot) click here ...alB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?