PCA site not opening properly.

Meshuga 08:15 20 Nov 2006

I click on icon for PCA and the 1st window opens ok. I then click on helproom and helproom window opens ok with all threads showing. But if I click on a thread to read it, apart from the PCA header and the menu on left hand side, the rest of the page is blank white and I have to scroll a long way down to bring up the thread that I want to read. I have run various scans and nothing untoward shows up. Can anyone suggest a cure for this please. This has only happenned in the last couple of days. Normally the thread would be visible straight away. My OS is xp home sp2. I may be off line for a short while but will pick up any replies later. Many thanks.

Diodorus Siculus 08:47 20 Nov 2006

I find that clearing out the temp internet files cache helps when any such errors arise.

What browser do you use?

Meshuga 08:51 20 Nov 2006

Diodorus Siculus, my browser is IE and my temp internet files are cleared regularly.

Meshuga 09:26 20 Nov 2006

Diodorus Siculus, since your reply I decided to do a System Restore and that has cured the problem. All ok now. Many thanks for your reply.

Meshuga 09:31 20 Nov 2006

Further to the above, I suspect the problem was caused by my having downloaded the finished version of Windows Defender in place of WD Beta2 version. I could be wrong but that was the only thing I had changed. Might be of help if somebody else gets similar problems.

Dekka123 09:57 20 Nov 2006

Meshuga I think you will find the answer to your problem is your text is too large. Next time it happens reduce the text size and it will do the trick

Meshuga 14:20 20 Nov 2006

Dekka123, Thank you for the suggestion but the text is the same as it has always been, without any problems. As you will see from my previous post above, doing sys restore, which went back before installing Win defender finished version, rectified the problem. Many thanks for your input though. Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?