PCA Script error problem.

birdface 11:33 01 Nov 2010

Now I have had problems with this for over a month or 3 or 4 now and nobody else seems to report any of the Symptems that I am getting.
Using W/7 and IE8 as soon as I come on to PCA all I get is Errors on page.
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; AskTbTKR/5.8.0.12304)
Timestamp: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 11:23:14 UTC

Line: 1999
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: click here

Now that is only one of the messages that I get but it is forever slowing down any Browsing that I do.

I can go to other web pages with no problem this happens mainly on PCA.
Anybody else using W/7 and IE8 have the Status bar open get the same problem.
Or even using Windows XP or Vista.
I am just trying to find out if it is a PCA Fault so that I can ask them to check.

birdface 11:40 01 Nov 2010

I should have added that I have tried everything that I know to remove the problem but with no luck.
If I turn Active Scripting off in Windows Security I get no problems.
But that is only a temporary fix.
I have Firefox downloaded but prefer I/E8.
Disable script debugging in advanced has also been tried but no difference.

birdface 12:57 01 Nov 2010

It takes about 10 seconds to open a page fully on PCA that is until you get the message, errors in page.

birdface 13:32 01 Nov 2010

Ok will have a look around to see what I can find for it.Thanks for the info.

Woolwell 14:04 01 Nov 2010

I have never got that using IE8, Firefox, Opera or Chrome. I think that it something on your system that is causing this.

We have discussed this before but are you sure that you haven't got conflicting anti-virus/malware programs?

birdface 14:21 01 Nov 2010

Interesting article but although Comscore is mentioned in page errors I cannot track down anything about it on my computer.

click here
I also do not get any redirection sites other than the one PCA used to use and dont know if they still do.
Yes reirectingat.com is the one PCA uses.

john bunyan 14:22 01 Nov 2010

I have W7, IE8, Avira a/v, PCTools firewall. No problems with PCA page.

birdface 15:00 01 Nov 2010

Thanks for the mention of no Problems with PCA Page I have also had conformation from another thread that they were having no problems either.
So I have to put this down to a problem with my computer.
Tried everything that I can think of to sort the problem but no luck so far.
I have Emisoft.AVG.And WinPatrol and if I remember right I have tried with them all switched off and still get the problem.
The comscore problem from 124[scorecardresearch.com] Looks promising but cannot find any of them on my computer.
Just wondering if my script could be corrupt but Carnot find any way changing it or repairing it.

john bunyan 15:02 01 Nov 2010

Let me know if you want any of my settings (and how to find them if obscure), if it would help.

john bunyan 15:13 01 Nov 2010

This seems to have a way of correcting it, if it is comscore etc:

click here

birdface 15:49 01 Nov 2010

Had a look at that earlier will have another look shortly.
I remember using Dr Tcp when having problems before but just realised that it was only for XP and not for W/7 so not sure if that could have caused a bit of damage.
Thanks for the offer of checking settings but not sure what I am looking for at the moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?