PCA poll?

ACOLYTE 16:22 29 Apr 2006

I know this may seem a dumb thing to ask but where do the results from these polls go?,I know you can view them after you have voted and see some of them in the PCA mag,but what/who else do they help,I'm not being funny but the latest poll

"Be honest now, your home computer is important to you, isn't it"?:

Doesn't really, to me at least mean anything,who can possibly need such information as this poll asks?.

I have participated in lot's of theses poll's but this one seems a little pointless.

Diodorus Siculus 16:42 29 Apr 2006

Where they go? Probably as pointers to articles that are written for the magazine. Occasionally they get a mention.

The topic of the validity of any particular poll has been discussed often:

Forums - PC Advisor latest poll - PC Advisor
click here

Forums - Current Poll - PC Advisor
click here

Forums - The PCA Poll... - PC Advisor
click here

Forums - Leading Questions in PCA Polls Limit Choice - PC Advisor
click here

ACOLYTE 16:51 29 Apr 2006

But who do they actually help?,This poll only seems to ask how reliant are you on your PC,and to be honest that is a silly question to ask IMO,
Maybe if you work from home on your pc,or are an avid gamer you would spend more than the average time on the pc,but apart from that it means nothing.You may as well ask how many times you go to the toilet per day,again a stupid question.
Polls are supposed to be and have a positive influence/outcome not a thing to say well i use the pc cos i want to vote on PCA polls.

But thats just my opinion)

Closed.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:09 29 Apr 2006

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?