PCA Page loading

woodchip 21:08 10 Jun 2009

I am 14 miles North West Sheffield on TalkTalk just tested getting just under 6Mb download speed but PCA Pages are like Wet Tar loading at the moment are you having problems near me?

mooly 07:51 11 Jun 2009

Near Blackpool. Sometimes have problems with PCA, just refuses to load. The progress bar just crawls up to around 20% and sticks. No amount of refreshing connects. Really weird, I posted on this a while back, it's always always after running CCleaner... not a coincidence, it's a fact, and I can't explain it. Have found clearing the DNS cache helps sometimes. Might be worth trying. What's odd is it is just PCA that seems to do this.

mooly 07:54 11 Jun 2009

Thread here,
click here

mooly 07:56 11 Jun 2009

And here,
click here

mooly 07:58 11 Jun 2009

To clear the DNS cache,
DNS CACHE FLUSH
From a command prompt type,
ipconfig /flushdns
This will flush the DNS cache
Then type,
net stop dnscache
followed by,
net start dnscache

birdface 08:43 11 Jun 2009

In C Cleaner you have to save your good cookies just move them to the box on the right.Otherwise they get removed every time you run C Cleaner.

woodchip 14:21 11 Jun 2009

Solved its self

mooly 16:16 11 Jun 2009

"In C Cleaner you have to save your good cookies just move them to the box on the right.Otherwise they get removed every time you run C Cleaner."
More to it than that I think. If I run CC and search for PCA in Google for example and click on it it will not load more often than not. No other sites do this that I use. Can't begin to explain it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017