PCA page fails to load after typing response...

Dipso 17:00 19 Jun 2007

...resulting in my reply disappearing!!!

Is no-one else but me experiencing this?

I was certain I had posted a reply the other day but no reply was showing in the thread but since then on several occasions I type out a reply...sometimes lengthy...hit submit and the page fails to load. Sometimes if I am lucky and click back the post is still there but just now it had disappeared and I had to retype it and find the links again...gets a bit annoying! This doesn't happen on any other forum site I visit.

pj123 17:17 19 Jun 2007

Yes, it has happened to me on a few occasions.

I now type up all my responses in Word and then copy and paste. If it doesn't work then I don't have to retype the response just copy and paste again.

Dipso 20:57 19 Jun 2007

OK at least I'm not on my own...bit of a pain though having to go to that trouble.

Thanks.

Technotiger 21:05 19 Jun 2007

Hi, happens to me too sometimes, I expect it happens to most members from time to time. If I have typed a lengthy response, before Posting it I highlight it all and then click on Edit/Copy - then if it gets 'lost' in transit I do not have to re-type it, just Paste it back here in the Response box.

Technotiger 21:07 19 Jun 2007

PS - I un-highlight it again before Posting ...

Dipso 21:08 19 Jun 2007

I suppose that's easy enough to do, it's just a matter of remembering.

Thanks for your responses. Will tick as resolved.

laurie53 21:41 19 Jun 2007

Not only has this happened to me several times, but regular readers will have noticed that some of my posts appear twice, several hours apart, and repeated at a time when I (and my computer) have not even been awake, let alone logged on!

Laurie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?