PCA Norton beta trial

sunnystaines 14:00 15 Apr 2011

any news yet Ia see its available on majorgeeks weblink text

Andsome 14:19 15 Apr 2011

I will never again allow Norton anywhere near to my computer. Once bitten, twice shy.

proudfoot 15:04 15 Apr 2011

I wouldn't touch Norton with a barge pole. In fact the first thing I do with every PC that comes with it installed is to delete it. It causes too many problems and is usually time limited.

Woolwell 15:08 15 Apr 2011

I doubt if either of the last 2 posters have tried Norton recently. Norton, justifiably, used to have a bad reputation as a resource hog. The recent versions are very good. If it is time limited it is because it is a trial version.

Taff™ 15:20 15 Apr 2011

The new Norton Internet beta did go public this morning - that`s when the PCA beta testers who volunteered will start testing, so hang on sunnystaines ....

The last three Norton Security testing I have done proved to me that Norton is not the resource hog it used to be. Quite the opposite. It is also one of the best security suites about. If you choose not to pay for AV software however that`s up to you.

proudfoot 15:55 15 Apr 2011

I have used AVG Free version since the days when viruses came on floppies and never had a single problem.

I am now using AVG Free 2011. The odd virus I have encounter over many years has been dumped straight into the virus vault and is no problem.

rawprawn 16:08 15 Apr 2011

I too am waiting to test the new Norton Beta with PCA. Like Taff™ I used to think it was a stinker but I am running Norton 2011 at the moment, and I am delighted with it. I am looking forward to seeing what the new one is like.

Andsome 16:33 15 Apr 2011

I do pay for a complete security suite, and in my reckoning it is one of the very best. I use ESET Nod 32.

sunnystaines 16:34 15 Apr 2011

when i saw the mg link thought i might have missed the download email, looks like it could be soon. been with norton since around 95

sunnystaines 16:36 15 Apr 2011

andsome there are several good ones about these days down to your on choice.

Andsome 16:45 15 Apr 2011

Another problem on this new layout. I am getting an e mail with a link from every post, not just one. If there are five replies, I get five e mails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?