PCA Login

highside 19:03 20 Sep 2009

Got a silly situation where its almost impossible to use the forum fully.
Use IE8 (my usual way) and for PC Advisor (& Only PCA) the web page keeps freezing before I can sign in & I have to Ctl Alt Del. On odd occasions like this one I have got away with it.
OK I tried FF and have absolutely no problem arriving at this site but cannot sign in, the login request just keeps reappearing. Nothing wrong with my details, my email address is auto remembered and my password has never changed. I even tried requesting a password reminder and copying that in to no avail.
So 1)IE8 PCA site freezes.
2) FF won't let me login but at least it doesnt freeze.
Any thoughts welcome.

birdface 19:08 20 Sep 2009

Make sure you have the latest Flash program and the latest firefox version installed.

birdface 19:13 20 Sep 2009

Have you tried rebooting your computer that sometimes helps.ignore Internet Explorer just now.A problem with PCA just now. They know about it but cannot get it fixed till tomorrow.

highside 19:46 20 Sep 2009

Thanks buteman, FF now OK had to get latest version and allow cookies.

birdface 21:27 20 Sep 2009

I take it you can still use IE8 as long as you do not go into PCA.

woodchip 22:00 20 Sep 2009

turn java of in settings to log in you may need to turn it it on for other sites

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:24 20 Sep 2009

Set privacy and security to medium.

set up a shortcut to auto log you in

h t t p : // w w w. pcadvisor .co.uk/account/login/index.cfm?action=login&email=[email protected]&password=TEST&originurl=%2Fforums%2Findex.cfm%3Faction%3Dshowforum%26forumid%3D1

(The '1' at the very end of this URL - yes, the bit after %3D - specifies the forum.

1. Helproom.
2. ConsumerWatch.
3. Digitalworld
4. speakers Corner
5. Webdesign
6. Networking
7. Absolute Beginners

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:26 20 Sep 2009

Should also have said replace [email protected] with your email

and the next TEST with your password

Sea Urchin 23:15 20 Sep 2009

What would be the 'number' for My Postings?

Newuser38 09:37 21 Sep 2009

Seems?? to be linked to this click here

highside 10:43 21 Sep 2009

Newuser - Yes youre right, I started this post because of sign in problems but I aslo get the ones mentioned in your link (PCA Only)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?