PCA and downloading Vibrantmedia on Mozilla

Valvegrid 17:41 29 Nov 2003

I have been using Mozilla 1.5 for the last few days and very impressed I am with it, but and there's always a but isn't there? When using this site I notice on the Status Bar it takes about three minutes for click here to load with the popup block switched on.

With the popup off, the Status Bar says 'waiting for 194.131.105.5...' , again another three minutes before it says done.

I have never noticed this before using Avant, so I'm wondering if it's just a quirk, either with this site or Mozilla?

It otherwise doesn't effect the speed, any ideas?

Thanks

Paul.

Running 98lite, NTL BB 150K, 98MB ram, 375Mhz Proc.

VoG II 17:44 29 Nov 2003

I'm getting the exact same 'waiting for 194.131.105.5...' using Opera. This has only started in the last day or so. It is only on this site.

Valvegrid 18:31 29 Nov 2003

Long time no hear, hope you are well?

Thanks for the reply, in that case I'll not worry about it.

Regards

Paul.

Diodorus Siculus 19:13 29 Nov 2003

I know that you have ticked this as resolved, but I will tell what I do anyway!

I have set vibrant media (and many others) in the host file as being local host - that way, the PC searches for them locally, finds immediately that they are not there and continues on very quickly. Thus, in the hosts file, I have a line

127.0.0.1 www. vibrantmedia. com

And many similar lines which block ads.

click here for more info.

Post back if you want more info.

Valvegrid 22:30 29 Nov 2003

Thanks,

I've already got the installer which I downloaded some time ago from them which I've re-activated, no joy, I'm still waiting for 194.131.105.5... to load.

I usually run with the JavaScript, Java and Popups off, also I've got a flash killer, so don't usually get troubled with all that flashing squit.

So I think it must be something to do with this site, as Vog has found as well.

Paul.

VoG II 18:08 30 Nov 2003

It has suddenly stopped for me - all back to normal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache