PCA Desktop short cut.

curlylad 11:17 04 Nov 2004

There was a link earlier this year explaining how to get a PCA logon shortcut to your desktop along with the PCA logo as the icon.I have looked through the archives and found the thread but the links on it that tell you exactly what to do , do not work they send you to the old PCA log on page.

So can one of you senior members perhaps post a thread or add to this one , giving exact instruction on how to do this ?
Thanks in anticipation.

rawprawn 11:30 04 Nov 2004

I use Favicon, which shows all my favourite sites that have icons, but PCA doesn't appear to have one. What I do is Go to Start/ Favourites find PCA and drag it onto the desktop. You will finish with a shortcut on your desktop although it won't have a particular icon probaly just an IE icon. Of course you can renme it and change the icon to something you prefer.

curlylad 11:43 04 Nov 2004

Thanks , yeh I've already got the shortcut sorted out but I wanted the actual PCA logo as the icon instead of the dreary 'e'. Thanks anyway , I'm sure that someone will come up with the goods sooner or later.

rawprawn 11:55 04 Nov 2004

It will be interesting to see if there actually is an icon, maybe FE can tell us? Favicon doesn't usually miss them. Good luck.

ventanas 12:21 04 Nov 2004

Or File\Send\Shortcut to Desktop. Then right click\Properties\Change Icon.

curlylad 10:11 05 Nov 2004

Thanks for the replies but I was really looking for the shortcut with the PCA logo.I'd go as far as to say that I am 100% sure that I read it on a thread either late last year or earlier this year ,I didn't actually do it but I remember writting it down on a bit of paper (yes I should have book marked it) which I of course can't now find.

It is not a matter of life and death yet , but I will be interested to see if we can track it down.

rawprawn 10:34 05 Nov 2004

Email FE

ACOLYTE 10:44 05 Nov 2004

If you put a PCA cover disk in the cd close it after auto start then open it, there is a PCA icon copy this to my pics then using favorg select this icon for you PCA link.

curlylad 10:53 05 Nov 2004

I'll give that a go , thanks.

Megatyte 13:47 05 Nov 2004

Get Icon Master from..

click here

It's freeware, only 22k(zipped) and doesn't install to your system.

With this you can convert any Bitmap to an icon, so you can make your own if required. You can also copy the PCA gif from this site and convert it to a BMP in your fovourite picture editor then load it into Icon Master.

AH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?