PC2700 v PC3200

sirles1 15:02 28 Jun 2008

I have 2xPC2700 @ 512mb each DDR Memory and wondering if PC3200 is a faster performance.
I was thinking of building a new computer but it might not be worth my while. Also are pros and cons of having either usb or sata device?

skidzy 15:18 28 Jun 2008

"I have 2xPC2700 @ 512mb each DDR Memory and wondering if PC3200 is a faster performance."

This will depend on your motherboard,for example if your motherboard states pc2700 as max you can use pc3200 as this will run backward compatible and only give you the 2700 speed....basically nothing gained.

Sata device should run quicker than any usb device.

I have been building a few computers over the last 2-3 years with secondhand hardware and the odd buy from Ebuyer,however,to build your own computer from scratch will be no cheaper than buying a ready built computer from ...lets say..Dell or PCWorld etc,but is fun and a great sense of achievement.

johndrew 15:23 28 Jun 2008

Ram speed click here

USB is really essential for peripherals such as external HDD, digital cameras, card readers, etc.

SATA has the advantage of ease of adding/removing drives as they are automatically recognised, also it offers the option of RAID if wanted.

How you decide to set up a new PC will affect what you buy and how much you spend. This in turn will depend on exactly what it will be used for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?