PC & Xbox 360 Connected by DVI to a single TV?

Mr Confused 21:34 07 Jan 2009

Basically, I got an Xbox 360 Arcade for xmas and to my eye the graphics aren't very good on a standard AV cable, so consequently I want to get it HD-ready.

Now here's the problem, I have a Philips LCD TV which I bought about 4yrs ago and thought it had a HDMI connection - unfortunately I was more that a little upset to find that it doesn't have one. However, it does have a single DVI connection which I currently connect my PC to for all my media purposes. I've managed to find that a conversion cable exists with a HDMI connection on one end and DVI conection on the other which should work fine with getting the Xbox HD ready and I have this on order.

What I now want to do is to be able to share the single DVI port on my TV so that both the Xbox 360 and PC can use this independently. I think this is possible by getting some sort of dual DVI splitter but I'm not completely sure whether this would work. I have found something which I think will do the job on eBay (item no. 290287350310) and was hoping someone could reassure me.

I'd be most grateful for any help/advice on this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?