PC World and recovery discs

  sype 18:13 09 Feb 2005

My friend has deleted a file in system 32 and now programs wont load, I have told him to use his system recovery cd but he says he never got one with his PC World computer. would i be able to lend him mine or do you have to use the one given with your computer?

  mattyc_92 18:16 09 Feb 2005

I don't think that it would be legal.... You could search for the files on your system and copy them onto a disk to put back onto his...

  BT 08:56 10 Feb 2005

I think you will find that PC World Computers give you the option to MAKE a recovery CD/DVD when you first boot it from new.Look in Start>Programs>System Recovery>Recovery Media Creator. If you have not already done it you will be given the opportunity to do so.

  Chezdez 09:39 10 Feb 2005

his programs won't load... :S

try what matty suggested, just copy and paste the files from your computer onto his

  Dizzy Bob 21:32 13 Feb 2005

Which brand of PC is it. Most PC's (from PCW) have the recovery system on a hidden partition on the hard drive. This is usualy accessed by repeatedly pressing F10 during boot up. This will then normally give you access to the recovery console.

Hope this helps.

Dizzy Bob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?