PC won't recognise Panasonic NV-DS11 hardware

Simmpy 19:22 09 Dec 2004

I have a Panasonic NV - DS11 Camcorder. When I connect it (via the firewire port) to my Evesham PC (running XP home) it doesn't detect/recognise the new hardware. The lead that I am using was supplied with the camera for digital still picture capture, I wonder if this may be the problem? There are a number of different outputs from the camera, not sure which one to use, and there is nothing about this in the manual that came with it! Can I assume that this camera is capable of out putting digital data to my PC? The software on my PC is Pinnacle Expression Version 2.2.1.2. Help please.

Technotiger 19:41 09 Dec 2004

Hi, firewire? I thought the lead supplied with that cam was a usb lead - this might be your problem. The connections lead/cam/pc can only go in one way, so you should not be able to make a mistake there. Cheers.

Technotiger 19:43 09 Dec 2004

ps: firewire is for movie capture to pc.

Technotiger 19:58 09 Dec 2004

Hi again, I have had a look at the Panasonic site, no consolation I know, but lots of owners there have the same problem as you with this cam.
There does not seem to be an answer.

Technotiger 07:56 11 Dec 2004

Hi again,

thanks for email. Perhaps if you have a look at "Ask Jeeves" or "Google" and type in the details of your cam you may find further info, I did not have an in-depth look - though there was more, that I could have looked at. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone