Pc wont recognise Network card-driver problem?

buel 08:50 06 Jul 2009

Hello,Recently i reinstalled XP pro on my brother's pc, I've just tried setting up the pc to my broadband which is o2 and whilst using the cd to install it it gave me the message that it couldn't detect a network device! Could this be because i haven't yet downloaded the proper drivers for everything? (i was trying to get online to download them)
Ps- according to the SIW programme the pc is:
Manufacturere: ASUSTek Computer inc.
Model: P4p800-vm
Version: REV 1.xx

So i went to the ASUS site and got the following page: click here

Do i download them all and run them all please?

cream. 08:56 06 Jul 2009

I've just posted the drivers in your other thread.

It would be better to tick one as resolved, probably the older one, so helpers do not get confused over what answers have been submitted. ;-)

Oh the link is click here

buel 13:46 06 Jul 2009

Hi again, im afraid to say when i go to run the xp 32 programme 'PROUnstl', it asks me do i want to continue and then nothing happens...at all! Any idea please?

buel 13:52 06 Jul 2009

Ps- there is no audio device at the moment either, do i go to the site that i mentioned in my first post: click here

buel 15:14 06 Jul 2009

Hi again, im afraid to say when i go to run the xp 32 programme 'PROUnstl', it asks me do i want to continue and then nothing happens...at all! Any idea please?

buel 17:18 06 Jul 2009

I downloaded the audio drivers just fine and the audio works but the network/LAN driver just wont go any further than 'Continue'...

brundle 18:08 06 Jul 2009

PRoUnst is the uninstaller for the drivers, if you wish to remove them at a later date.
You need to use the right click method to install them. click here

buel 18:33 06 Jul 2009

Great!!! It works fine now, thank you!
i also downloaded the vga drivers and now my desktop is slightly dimmer than it was?
So, if i go to device manager and there are no yellow exclamation marks the pc is ready to give back to my brother?

buel 18:28 07 Jul 2009

Great!!! It works fine now, thank you!
i also downloaded the vga drivers and now my desktop is slightly dimmer than it was?
So, if i go to device manager and there are no yellow exclamation marks the pc is ready to give back to my brother?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?