Pc won't detect monitor but runs fine

McMattGames 01:11 14 Oct 2015

Hello recently I wanted to build my own pc so I got the parts off of pcpartpicker.com. All of the parts were shipped today and I started to put the pc together. When I finished I turned on the pc and it worked great so I plugged in my monitor and got a no signal detected message. I took out some of the ram, unplugged the power supply to cd-drive and the memory unit then restarted the pc and got nothing. The fans on the pc are running but i see no flashing lights and there is not a speaker on the motherboard so not beeps. I have a speaker but there is no place on the motherboard to plug it in.

beeuuem 03:54 14 Oct 2015

What is the motherboard make and model? It is always worth trying resetting the BIOS either by the jumpers or removing the CMOS battery for a few minutes.

McMattGames 13:27 14 Oct 2015

Gigabyte h81m-si

McMattGames 13:42 14 Oct 2015

So how exactly would I do this?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:57 14 Oct 2015

When I finished I turned on the pc and it worked great what screen did you run from ?

if you can get it running say with a TV -- try loading drivers for your monitor.

beeuuem 15:01 14 Oct 2015

Page 14 of the manual tells you where to connect the internal speaker. Page 15 of the manual shows you the location of the pins to short to clear the CMOS.

McMattGames 15:40 14 Oct 2015

That's the problem ther is no manual I only got a 2 page paper that showed me all of the components is there a pdf I can download somewhere?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:28 14 Oct 2015
  McMattGames 22:11 14 Oct 2015

I got it running but now when it said insert the boot disc so I inserted my windows 10 disc and now it has a red constant light on the front of the computer and keeps restarting after showing the Windows 10 emblem

McMattGames 22:14 14 Oct 2015

Also the red light is under the cylinder picture

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?